1 reviews 4.0
Frankincense oil is extracted from the resins of Boswellia carteri tree. This tree belongs to Burseraceae family.
There are various benefits of Frankincense oil. It is an excellent option for soothing and relieving the mind, meditation as well as deepening breathing. From the past, this oil is being used to calm anxiety as well as obsessive states. If you have any respiratory problem such as asthma, bronchitis, laryngitis or cough, you can use this oil. Basically, it is used in blended massage oil for treating bronchitis, rheumatism, chilliness, poor, exhaustion, respiratory problems etc. Along with having calming effect during labor, this oil also shows calming effect on the urinary tract.
Frankincense Oil Description
- General Name:
- Frankincense Oil
- Botanical Name:
- Boswellia Frereana
- Method of Extraction:
- Steam Distillation
- Part Of Plant Used:
- Oleo gum resin
- It originates from Middle East. Earlier, Egyptians used to use this oil as an offering to god and also as a part of rejuvenating face mask. They also use it for banishing evil spirits.
- Being non-toxic and non-irritant, it can be used by anyone.
- Blends Well With:
- Frankincense oil mixes well with myrrh, lavender, bergamot, orange clary sage, neroli, vetiver, sandalwood, pine, lemon & benzoin
- Frankincense oil has strong - balsamic, Smokey woody and alluring scent.
- Integrant ::
- The main components of the oil are a-pinene, bornyl acetate, actanol, octyl acetate, linalool, incensyl acetate and incensole.
- Frankincense essential oil has shown centering effect on the emotions and hence, used for meditation as well as spiritual growth. Its antiseptic and astringent properties have made it an excellent option for healing wounds and preventing scars.
- Therapeutic properties::
- Frankincense oil shows various therapeutic properties such as astringent, cicatrisant, antiseptic, carminative, cytophylactic, diuretic, digestive, emmenagogue, expectorant, uterine, tonic, expectorant and vulnerary.