1 reviews 4.0
Ginger oil is the essential oil that is extracted from the Zingiberaceae officinale of the Zingiberaceae family. There are various benefits of ginger oil such as for curing nausea, digestive problems, cold and cough, and rheumatic pain.
Ginger Oil Description
- General Name:
- Ginger Oil
- Botanical Name:
- Zingiber officinale Roscoe
- Method of Extraction:
- Steam Distillation
- Part Of Plant Used:
- It is the native to India, java and china, West Indies and Africa. During 10th to 15th century, it was brought to Europe. Being used as a medicine since ages, it is also mentioned in the literature of Romans, Greeks and Arabians. It was also used by Chinese to boost heart.
- Ginger oil is usually non-toxin and non irritant, except when used in high concentrations. It can also cause photosensitivity.
- Blends Well With:
- Ginger oil mixes well with bergamot, sandalwood ylang-ylang frankincense, neroli, and rose oil.
- Ginger oil has sharp spicy scent with a tinge of lemon and pepper.
- Chemical composition::
- The main components of ginger oil are a-pinene, 1,8-cineole, camphene, b-pinene, borneol, linalool, y-terpineol, , zingiberene, neral, geranial, geraniol, geranyl acetate, b-bisabolene and nerol.
- The ginger essential oil has shown stomachic and expectorant properties and hence, it is used for curing various stomach problems and to help with phlegm as well as mucus. It is also non toxic in nature.
- Therapeutic properties::
- The various therapeutic properties of ginger oil are analgesic, laxative, rubefacient, anti-emetic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, bactericidal, carminative, cephalic, febrifuge, stimulant, expectorant, tonic and stomachic.