1 reviews 4.0
Also known as sour lime, lime oil is extracted from the Citrus aurantifolia. Clear in smell, this oil can help in alleviating stress.
Lime oil is used to cure fever, sore throats, cold and cough. Along with cough, it also treats various other respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis etc. it is also used to cure arthritis, rheumatism, poor circulation as well as obesity. Furthermore, it is used in vaporizers to alleviate stress.To treat your painful joints, you can use it as massage oil.
Lime Oil Description
- General Name:
- Lime Oil
- Botanical Name:
- Citrus aurantifolia
- Method of Extraction:
- Cold pressing
- Part Of Plant Used:
- The main origin of the plant is Asia. But now, it is also prevalently grown in Italy, America and West Indies. Earlier it was introduced to Europe and later on transferred to America.
- Being photosensitive, lime oil can cause skin irritation in strong sunlight.
- Blends Well With:
- The lime oil mixes well with neroli, ylang-ylang clary sage and lavender.
- Lime oil has fresh, sweet smell that is characteristic of citrus fruits.
- Integrant ::
- The main components of lime oil are b-pinene, a-pinene, myrcene, terpinolene, limonene, 1,8-ceneole, borneol, geranyl acetate citral , linalooland traces of neral acetate.
- Lime oil is pale yellow to light olive in color.
- Therapeutic properties::
- The therapeutic properties of lime oil are haemostatic, antiseptic, astringent, antiviral, aperitif, febrifuge, tonic and restorative.