1 reviews 4.0
Pomegranate oil is pale yellow in color. The pomegranate is commonly produced in hilly regions. Since ancient times, this pomegranate is being known as the symbol of prosperity and ambition. Its botanical name is Punica granatum.
Pomegranate Oil Description
- General Name:
- Pomegranate Oil
- Botanical Name:
- Punica Grantum
- Method of Extraction:
- Cold pressing
- Part Of Plant Used:
- Pomegranate oil is derived from the seeds of pomegranate which has been cultivated throughout the Mediterranean region of Asia, Africa and Europe. It also grows in various other regions that include India, drier parts of Southeast Asia, the East Indies and tropical Africa.
- It should be completely avoided during pregnancy as it may cause abortion.
- Blends Well With:
- It blends with almost all carrier oils.
- It has very light to no scent.
- Integrant ::
- The main components of pomegranate oil are Punicic acids (80%), oleic acid, Linolenic acid, Palmitic acid etc.
- Pomegranate seed oil is widely popular because of its powerful antioxidant properties. It also possesses cosmetic properties and can be easily used for ageing skin. Along with this, it has excellent healing properties.
- Therapeutic properties::
- It is very effective as a potential chemoprotective substance. It also has some anti-microbial compounds. Along with this, it has anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing properties.